Friday, April 23, 2010

I'm Ranting and Roaring

Here are my rants about all things I found annoying this week. Please beware, I use Cap Lock on many phrases; this is just my personal opinion. You can agree disagree or whatever but don't critize to much. Thanks :D
1. Things in my house that involve water!
  • First the hot water tank died... but when we got a new one installed there wasn't "sufficient electricity" to warm up the water! So we had 5 days of no hot water to wash ourselves or our clothes :P
  • The plumber said he could install my new toliet and sink at a good price, so we said sounds good. Sink had to be ordered.. ok not a problem, its all good. The lovely blue rust stained toliet I had wasn't installed properly and so they needed to re-install the 'flange' so that the toliet wouldn't leak. Grr..... So I got to sleep on the blow up mattress in the living room for 3 days so I had access to a bathroom. On the upside I was closer to the fridge!
  • Ok so the hot water tank is working, the washer is back where it belongs. All we need is the bill right? WRONG!! I started a load of laundry and went outside. Came back put it in the dryer, started another load... "Hey why is the floor SOAKING WET!? ... Uh oh.... DAD!!!" The drain wasn't put in the washer properly and so when it drained it went on the floor instead of OUTSIDE.
  • Hey well I have a new toliet and sink that works right? WRONG!!! The pipe in the sink split and soaked my carpets I had to cover the freezing cold tile floor. SOOO... back came the plumber.

LOL, it seems everything in this house likes to not co-opperate. The elctrician, carpender and plumber are probably calling all their contacts saying "69 Angeline St. South is a Gold Mine!!! Go there, something is bound to break for you to fix!"


The hot water tank from Simpson Sears, 1970. Yah, it lived a long and fullfilling life :)

I tried getting some photo's of the plumbers working... but I forgot to turn off the flash. Fail... this is the only one I got.

The Horrible blue toliet!

The "flange", whatever the hell that is....

The mess when the plumbers found out the "fail flange"

Where the toliet was...

Where the toliet is :D Like my super cool pedestal sink?

Last part of the bathroom renovation... the "Mouldy Shower of DOOOOM". But to get that fixed it will cost at least $4,000 :S

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Ok, so Iceland has the Eyjafjallajokull volcano (seriously that's its name... I looked it up) that's spewing large amounts of ash and now steam into the air. Because ash doesn't have moisture in it, it doesn't appear on airplane radars. This ash clogs the propellers and engines of planes .. which would cause them to crash and without radar, a pilot wouldn't know where to go to avoid ash clouds. Hence the reason why airlines in Europe and Canada have postponed most of their flights. What bothers me about this issue is the lack of consideration people have today. They want things and they want them NOW or maybe even YESTERDAY.

  • I watched the news and in Pearson Airport there are people sobbing "I wannna Go HOOOMME. I wannna clean my clothesss. I wanna FLIGHT NOW!". Dude.. CHILL! I mean you should be happy that you're alive on safe and stable ground with shelther, not complaining that your not on a flight heading STRAIGHT TOWARDS PLUMES OF VOLCANIC ASH! I mean really, are you that excited to get back to work from your vacation? Go have fun, take that extra day or so and soak in the sights of the big TO. You have a perfectly good excuse for not being on time for work!
  • Then there are the people complaining about the expensive hotel they are staying in... well how about NOT STAYING IN AN PRICEY HOTEL LADY!!! Geeeeezzz, use your brain, I'm sure you can find a cheaper one somewhere :P But I do see her point. In Europe, airlines are responsible for supplying food and accomidation for their stranded passangers. Here in TO, they say "It's not our problem"... more lack of consideration.
  • Another thing about this situation that bugs me are the headlines of newspapers. The April 20,2010 edition of the Toronto Star said:

"The Great Grounding; did airlines panic? As Europe's airports open and stranded travellers trikle home, some are wondering if teh 5-day crisis was a costly overreaction."

"Air Canada is loosing $3million daily with their grounded flights. Only 3 out of 36 flights to Europe are flying. Air Canada gets $1.7million for Atlantic flights out of their $9.7billion a year. Internationally, airlines are loosing $200million (U.S.) daily with grounded flights which totals to over $1billion. "

I have some issues with that!

  1. An costly overreaction? HELLOO! Would you rather be the airline that lost 200 million dollars by stopping lives or over 200 passangers by continuing flights into clouds of volcanic ash? Hmmm....should I give you time think about that because from the sounds of it, it seems like that is a really tough decision.
  2. Ok, does the world now revolve around money? Ok, so the airline sector is loosing millions of dollars. They would go bankrupt if they flew through ash and crashed. No one would want to use that airline every again!

I mean really, things like this really piss me off (sorry, couldn't think of a more polite way of saying it). All this complaining makes me want to find these people and slap some sense into there noggins... and I'm a pacifist! Grrrrrr......... *steam rises from ears*.

Ok, I'm done having a cow, chicken, bird, goat, duck, frog etc. now :) Do you think I'm being overly sensitive? What's your opinion?

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Nope I agree 999.9%
Too hell with $$ aren't folks lives a lot more important??

but dear daughter of mine you really really REALLY need to proofread before you post here or schoolwork!!

Example: an before a vowel

luna pie said...

Hahahah again Beck, again. You actually made me laugh out loud. You could make a business out of ranting!

And hehe to Charlene too for proofreading! That's the teacher in you!

Love you B!