Thursday, July 22, 2010
Monday, July 12, 2010
Here is a re-cap of this weeks events:
- Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays is Lawn Bowling. Yes, I am now part of a sport :) Not the most popular sport for the teens but it's alot of fun! At age 16 I'm the oldest on the Youth Team (most of the players are in Gr.'s 6-7)... but I don't feel out of place. Now that summer has kicked in we play along side the 'adults' aka 'seniors' who are not only hilarious but also pretty feisty! I should be bowling now, but it was threatening to rain and my mom said she didn't want me to get struck by a bolt of lighting... knowing me I probably would!
- Thursday - I GOT MY G1. HAHAHA! Watch out world, I can get behind the wheel of a car... with a licenced adult who has at least 4 years of driving experience and less then a 0.05 blood alcohol level. The written test was fairly easy, you just needed to read the Ontario Driver's Ed Book and do a whole lot of practice tests :) There were 40 questions, 20 on road signs and 20 on rules of the road; I finished in 10 minutes. I got all my sign questions right and only 1 wrong for the rules! So now I can drive around a parking lot with my dad LOL! My actual driving lessons start on July 19th (and I'm Super excited! There are only 2 people in the class so far) :D
- MY BATHROOM IS FINISHED! Finally! and my room is actually clean :)
NASTY blue toilet: replaced with white, low flow toilet!
NASTY Blue sink: replaced with white pedestal sink!
Monday, July 5, 2010
You will need:
- A 9x9 pan ( or 8 1/4 by 8 1/4 because apparently there are no 9x9 pans in this day and age...)
- mixing bowl
- electric beater
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of flower
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 of milk
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
Step 1: Beat the eggs and gradually add in the sugar. Beat the eggs and sugar together for a few minutes.
Step 2: Add in the dry ingredients and stir them together with a spatula. The mixture will become doughy..
Step 3: Heat up the milk in a pan or microwave for 1-2 minutes. Then add in the butter so it will melt. The mixture should turn yellow at the top..
Step 4: Beat the milk/butter mixture into the rest of the ingredients.
Step 5: Pour mixture into your greased pan and cook in oven for 25-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
Step 6: This cake can be cut into 9 pieces. Serve with strawberries, ice cream and whipping cream :D
Thursday, July 1, 2010
You will need:
- Meat (I used 5 filet's of chicken)
- Soy Sauce
- Ginger root
- 3-4 onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- Vegetables (I used carrots, celery, bok choy, 2 peppers, 3 crowns of broccoli and a box of peas) ... the broccoli was a substitute for zucchini which my dad doesn't like and it was a really good addition!
- A grill, frying pan/wok
Step 1: Grill the chicken. The recipe said I could put the chicken into the stir fry raw but I decided to grill it just to be safe. I cooked it for about 30 min because they were thick. I also cooked the rice in the microwave at this time, to make sure it was ready because I have a tendency to forget to cook it... LOL
Step 2: While the chicken is cooking, chop up your other vegetables (I found carrots in the store that were already sliced!)
Then preheat the frying pan/wok cut up the chicken into small bits (mine apparently were a bit big..)
Step 3: Heat up some oil and then add in the onion and garlic first. Allow them to saute for a bit before adding in the other vegetables and the chicken. When adding in the veggies be sure to leave the ones that need the least amount of cooking (like broccoli and bok choy) to the end. Throughout the process add soy sauce and freshly grated ginger to season.
Step 5: Put a couple of scoops of rice on the bottom of the plate and cover with the stir fry. ENJOY!
Notes that I learned:
- If you are going to put in peas, take the shell off... its easier to eat that way.
- Bok choy shrinks when it gets cooked..
- For some zing add in some Madrin Orange and Sesame Seed salad dressing from Kraft.
- I got 91% on my Law exam, 97% on my Law ISU presentation and 99% on my written Law ISU.
- I got 92% on my Media Arts ISU about LADY GAGA :)
- I am going strawberry picking tomorrow :) Saturday I will be making those cakes so check back for an update!
- My mom said she will add streaks of some colour into my hair now that exams are over :) Either honey colour or blue :D Yah :)
- I made some designs for my friend Martine's tattoo, I will post pics on the side bar :)