Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 7 - Summer is heating up everything.. except in my kitchen!

Hehe, looks like I'm not the only one taking a break from their 20/20 project :) The past week has been far too busy for me to try another recipe, so I made a really good summer meal for lunch today: corn on the cob, steak and potatoes. Yah, corn, and it's only the middle of July :) All this rain and heat seems to be working! I'm pretty sure all of you know how to cook these items, so no recipe this week, but here are some pictures...LOL. I'm thinking about doing some Hawaiian Fried Rice for Week 8 so stay tuned!



Here is a re-cap of this weeks events:


  • Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays is Lawn Bowling. Yes, I am now part of a sport :) Not the most popular sport for the teens but it's alot of fun! At age 16 I'm the oldest on the Youth Team (most of the players are in Gr.'s 6-7)... but I don't feel out of place. Now that summer has kicked in we play along side the 'adults' aka 'seniors' who are not only hilarious but also pretty feisty! I should be bowling now, but it was threatening to rain and my mom said she didn't want me to get struck by a bolt of lighting... knowing me I probably would!
  • Thursday - I GOT MY G1. HAHAHA! Watch out world, I can get behind the wheel of a car... with a licenced adult who has at least 4 years of driving experience and less then a 0.05 blood alcohol level. The written test was fairly easy, you just needed to read the Ontario Driver's Ed Book and do a whole lot of practice tests :) There were 40 questions, 20 on road signs and 20 on rules of the road; I finished in 10 minutes. I got all my sign questions right and only 1 wrong for the rules! So now I can drive around a parking lot with my dad LOL! My actual driving lessons start on July 19th (and I'm Super excited! There are only 2 people in the class so far) :D
  • MY BATHROOM IS FINISHED! Finally! and my room is actually clean :)

NASTY blue toilet: replaced with white, low flow toilet!

NASTY Blue sink: replaced with white pedestal sink!



NASTY NASTY NASTY Shower with sticky sliding doors:


Replaced with smaller shower (with a flower on the back) and a pivit door.



My main colours in the bathroom now are lime green, purple, blue and orange :) I'm thinking of putting up an extra flower curtain I found from my old room in the bathroom doorway as well!

Now I'm going to spend the rest of my July reading and sleeping! (yah right!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading ~~ YES
Sleeping ~~ MAYBE
Exploring ~~ Hope so
Gardening/Weeding ~~ OH YEAH!!


I think I'll get you to do the OZ kiddie exercise routine with me :o)
Looked like a load of fun.

XOXO Mom