Monday, May 7, 2012

Doing Your Best IS GOOD ENOUGH

Ha ha ha. So much for the weekly blog posts.


I left off last time by saying I had a sleep test scheduled to get to the bottom of my insomnia. Well it was just dandy. I felt like I was terrorist hooked up to an explosive.



And I most certainly felt attractive. 


All of that to be promptly told that I feel asleep in about 3 minutes after lights out and slept 95% of the night away.  I believe their machines were defective....

Regardless of what the test said, I have been trying to change my sleeping patterns. One of the biggest things I shouldn't do before bed is do school work. Again with the homework, I know. I tend to do assignments till right up before I head to bed. Now I try to allow between 30 minutes to an hour of relaxation before my beauty rest, in order to unwind from the events of the day. This means I need to prioritize a bit more during the day, but it's worth it in the end when I get to enjoy some television or a good book. 

I find that I can get overly frustrated when things become overwhelming. I recently was in charge of a Youth Event by myself. I kept a level head by writing out lists. I had a before prep-list, day of list and a concluding list. Preparation was the key to success. l know that my fellow youth minister has been feeling stressed to no end with all the obligations he has undertaken. I too have been in that position. Its the one I like to call "When you take on too much and everything crumbles around you even though you had the best plan" scenario. When it comes to this, I remind myself: "You Girl, are doing Your Best".  

With the varying health problems putting me behind in school work, I need to remind myself that there is only so much I can do in a day. Taking the occasional break is good thing because it will re-centre your focus. If the stress becomes too stressful, I take a step back and look at where I have come from. My 18th birthday is coming up in a month. The doctor's told my parents that I wouldn't live past two. HA TAKE THAT!  I am living proof that if someone works hard enough, progress does happen. Therefore a couple over due assignments will not kill me. 
My philosophy has been: It is better to take the time and understand, then to rush.
It appears to be working since these are my mid-term marks:
Chemistry - 92%
Data Management - 92%
Canadian History - 95%
Philosophy - 93%   

If you or some one you know is about to pull out their hair remember this:




Stay strong. Persevere. You Can Do It. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent theory & reporting :)
You have come a long long way in learning to set boundaries & prioritize. NOW: you just need to stop analyzing & just do your work & enjoy life.
MOM XOXOXO